Home Removals - Readie's Removals
- Have A Good Clear out well in advance of moving - use up the contents of your freezer, throw away any
unwanted items. Don't forget to clear out the loft and shed.
- Drain fridges / freezers before removal and allow them to dry in plenty of time.
- Ensure petrol driven garden equipment is fully drained of fuel.
- Keep the boxed, ready to go items, in the room where they belong rather then stacking them all in a tight
space. That way our removal team have plenty of room to move and can plan the loading and unloading
of the truck to the best advantage.
- You may wish to label boxed items with important contents and nominated room. A simple colour coding
system also works well - red for kitchen, green for study this allows our removal guys to quickly identify the
room where the box belongs.
- Use a plan of your new home to mark up where specific items are to be unloaded on arrival.
- Don't overfill the boxes, keep the weight at a reasonable amount to enable easy carrying and reduce the
risk of boxes splitting.
- Avoid underfilling the boxes as these boxes may collapse when stacked.
- Where parking spaces are limited do ensure you make suitable arrangements in advance with neighbours.
- Reduce the stress to your children and pets. Generally it’s best for them to be leave the house before it’s
emptied. Why not leave them with a trusted friend until the move is completed.
- Be aware that newsprint from newspapers can rub off on certain items. Plain paper may be more preferential.
- Some beds and flat pack furniture are best dismantled before the move. This enables us to pack more
into our trucks and the furniture is less vulnerable to breakages.
- Have a box of essential items such as credit cards, mobiles, laptops, keys and keep the box in a safe place where it is easily accessed.